- Assess risk, evaluate security , identify vulnerabilities and corrective actions, and review for compliance with security policies and practices.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining network and/or host intrusion detection systems, and participate as needed in security event response processes.
- Review and approve firewall, VPN and other security changes.
- Participate in the selection and implementation of technologies and security solutions.
- Coordinate/oversee third party security reviews, penetration testing, and consulting projects as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical/non-technical communication, documentation and presentations.
- Ability to assess risk and provide innovative solutions balancing security and business requirements.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects without direct supervision.
- Ability to work independently, to follow a work plan, meet project milestones, and interact with various levels of management.
- Energetic team player with strong initiative, team orientation, and excellent problem solving skills.
Degree Preference: Bachelor’s or greater degree preferred, emphasis in Information Systems/Computer Science.
Certification Requirement: Network or security -related certifications a plus (ex., CISSP, etc.).