The web developer position is expected to thoroughly understand the preparation and use of electronic materials, including color palettes, various graphic formats, security technology, and the programs used in their preparation. The objective is keeping the web site current, processing updates quickly, efficiently, and confidentially on a daily basis, and to serve the company’s client well.
Develops and maintains web site architecture and infrastructure using state of the art technology.
Designs and develops complete web sites including user interface, scripting, middle-tier components, database design.
Writes and deploys components to Application Server possiblely in a clustered environment.
Updates web site, customizing the content to specifications while adhering to the defined web design.
Maintains current knowledge of Internet technologies and trends. Researches, evaluates, and demonstrates various web sites and new technology on a continuing basis.
Analyzes and tunes the web site performance. Recommends any beneficial or necessary changes to the web site.
Answers or forwards to management any web site-related e-mail questions from users.
Communicates with other personnel regarding technical requirements of web site and upcoming projects or events related to web site.
Keeps all content strictly confidential, setting unique permissions on sub-webs, hard coding text hyperlinks to drive users to SSL encryption, enforcing functioning java security measures, and immediately troubleshooting problems in issues of web site security compromise.
Provides technical support and participates in employee web site training.
Refreshes web site content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and images.
Collaborates with external vendors on special web site events, promotions marketing campaigns, or specific design projects.
Correspondence with and assistance to Companies clients. This includes quickly responding to the website e-mail, troubleshooting problems, changing passwords on request, helping the client work with and understand web products, and fix any errors immediately.
This position plans, develops, implements, maintains, and creates a well-structured web site using HTML, PHP, CSS, and Java or Microsoft based technologies and RDBMS database.
· Must have experience using and administering J2EE Application Server as well as writing and deploying components to the server.
· Must be knowledgeable in Web Server technologies, and have be proficient in web site management using IIS Web server. Experience in alternate HTTP servers is a plus.
· Experience creating dynamic web pages using relational database backend, with experience in writing stored procedures for MS SQL Server.
· Must maintain knowledge of the “state-of-the-art” in the rapidly changing web technologies.
· Must posses a working understanding of all facets of web development, strategies, design and implementation.
· Must be proficient in HTML using fundamental page layout techniques using frames, tables, Cascade Style Sheets, and other non-graphical design solutions.
· Must have the ability to maintain HTML pages using simple text based editors like notepad.
· Must understand Internet content fundamentals of, basic graphic design, image compression, cross browser compatibility, and bandwidth issues.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are a must
· Ability to work within a team.
DEGREE LEVEL ATTAINED
BS Degree Computer Science or related fields.
3-5 Yrs Exp prefered
CASCADING STYLE SHEETS
FLASH WEB DEVELOPMENT
KNOWLEDGE OF STYLE
MS SQL SERVER
WRITTEN AND ORAL