- Strong skills of coding with mainstream computer languages, i.e., Java, C++, SQL.
- Mastering software development tools and IDE environments, i.e., Microsoft Visual Studio, JBuilder, Eclipse, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in relational database, especially writing SQL queries.
- Software application design experience, i.e., UML, design pattern, and software life cycle.
programming is a practical skill. Employers expect your ability to code applications based specs. It's important for your resume to demonstrate hands-on experience in coding. Make sure you present as many coding experience as possible to prove you can actually program applications to fulfill the business needs.
The following programmer resume example presents strong programming skills in Microsoft technologies.
Programmer Resume Sample
Mark J. DukeSUMMARY
Experienced Microsoft Programmer
• Microsoft certified programmer with over 6 years experience.
• Proven expertise in designing and developing software applications in Microsoft .NET framework.
• Extensive experience in programming with Microsoft Visual Studio tools including Visual Basic and Visual C++.
• Experience in building enterprise database applications with Microsoft SQL Server.
• Self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
• Proven ability to deliver high quality software products on schedule and under budget.
• Experience in software architecture design and project team leadership.
Software Developer 6/2001 – Present
Sandtech Software Inc., Moontown, OH
• Work as programmer lead in design and development of a enterprise contract management software in Microsoft .NET framework. Participated in entire software development life cycle from system analysis to production implementation.
• Project lead in software development phase. Programmed C# with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET for front end interface and middle tier business components. Developed user interface prototype in Visual Basic. Participated in software development projects in Java/J2EE technology.
• Developed stored procedures and triggers in Microsoft SQL server database to implement backend business logic and data analysis. Worked with Oracle 9i database design and data modeling.
Programmer analyst 1/1998 – 6/2001
Fastlane Systems Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Programmed data processing logic and user interface for a traffic engineering analysis and reporting system project. Implemented Microsoft Visual Studio tools to code software objects in C++. Developed traffic engineering operation and monitoring reports in Crystal Report tool.
• Configured and managed Microsoft SQL Server database. Designed and implemented data migration process for converting data from Microsoft Access to SQL Server. Participated in designing data model and developed SQL Server stored procedures for business reports.
• Microsoft .NET framework, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Visual Studio .NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET
• Microsoft Windows2000 & XP Server, IIS, LAN networking, and security
• Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and Sybase ASE
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Microsoft Certified Professional in Visual Basic
• Self-study courses for Microsoft Certified Database Administrator Certification (MSDBA)
• B.A. in Business Administration, Ohio State University, Youthtown, OH