A state agency interviewed Staff Programmer Analyst candidates with the following questions. Staff programmer analyst is the middle level position for programming / developer job classification. Usually each classification has 3 levels, – associate, staff, and senior. The following questions were asked during interview:
1. Please tell us how your education and experience are prepared for this position?
2. What methodologies have you used for software development lifecycle?
3. Please describe the most challenging project you have worked.
4. What is your experience as a team leader?
5. How do you advance your knowledge in information technologies?
As always, after these five core questions have gone through, the interviewer asked, “Do you have questions for us?”. Then at last, “Do you have last comment?”.
Since there is no detailed technical information asked, these questions should not be too hard to answer. Can you answer them?